Pair with Santa Rita 120 Sauvignon Blanc
Good morning, everyone! How is your week going so far? This is one week I never want to end. It has been absolutely beautiful around our parts lately. It’s been the perfect 75 degrees and sunny. Besides a passing thunderstorm here and there, I wouldn’t change anything about this week!
In addition to basking in the sun, Zach and I have been grilling like crazy. There’s just something so comforting about laying out in the sun, basking in the sunshine, and catching the aromas of burning charcoal and charred pork chops. Which bring me to the point of today’s post: the recipe for these grilled pork chops with tomato and peach salad. It is the definition of summer grilling!
I feel like pork chops have come along way. As soon as the USDA said it was safe to serve pork at a temperature that didn’t result in the meat tasting like a brick, I was all over it. Set aside the steak, cheeseburgers and hot dogs. Grilled pork chops are the new hot ticket in town, and they char up so nicely!
The Badia Complete Seasoning Mix is what sets these pork chops apart from the rest. Not only are the pork chops rubbed in this glorious mix, but they are also marinated in a mixture that has also been seasoned with this mix! This spice mix really gives these pork chops an umph of flavor that’s perfect for your summer grilling endeavors!
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe for grilled pork chops with tomato and peach salad! Instead of pairing this dish with a beer today, I’m pairing it with Santa Rita’s 120 Sauvignon Blanc! It’s the perfect pairing! Be sure to make this dish at some point this summer!
15 minPrep Time
8 minCook Time
23 minTotal Time
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- salt and black pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (blend of yellow and red)
- 2 large peaches, cut into wedges
- 1 cup of corn kernels, cut from the cob
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons Badia Complete Seasoning Mix, divided
- 4 1-inch cut bone-in pork chops
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 habanero pepper, seeds and stem removed, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 green onion, sliced thin
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds and stem removed, finely minced
- 1 cup of cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, soy sauce and a dash of salt and black pepper. To the bowl with the dressing, add both sets of tomatoes, peaches, corn kernels, red onion, and cilantro. Toss to coat. Adjust seasoning to taste, cover, and refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high.
- Taking 2 tablespoons of the Badia Complete Seasoning Mix, rub it into the pork chops. Place the pork chops in a large shallow dish. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1 tablespoon Badia Complete Seasoning Mix, orange juice, habanero pepper, garlic, and honey. Pour the mixture over the pork chops and seal with plastic wrap. Allow the pork chops to marinate for a couple of minutes while you prepare the fresh herb salad to serve on top.
- In a small bowl, toss the green onion, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, white wine vinegar, olive oil, and a dash of salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- To the preheated grill, add the pork chops. Grill for about 4 minutes on each side until charred. This 8 minute cooking time will cook the pork chops to medium-rare. Cook the pork chops more to achieve your desired doneness. Use a meat thermometer for accuracy.
- Remove the pork chops from the grill and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Serve the pork chops topped with the herb salad and alongside the tomato and peach salad. Enjoy immediately!