Paired with an IPA
Well, I guess I will just continue down the road of grilling anything and everything in sight. For a moment, I was running out of steam. There are only so many grilled recipes you can come up with before you stop coming up with ideas! As I was trying to brainstorm new grilling recipes, I decided that I don’t have nearly enough skewer/kabob recipes on this website. I think there might be one, and it’s from like 3 years ago.
I decided to go ahead and rectify this situation with these grilled mango curry chicken skewers. These skewers are everything I crave in a skewer. They are popping with flavor and are oh so tender, you would hardly believe they are made with chicken!
Because let’s be honest with ourselves, chicken can be super boring, but it’s easy and it’s not terrible for you. Instead of going with chicken breast, I decided to go with chicken thighs (my chicken cut of choice). The marinade really tenderizes this chicken and keeps it tender throughout the whole grilling process. The result is a charred outer shell with a tender center, which in my opinion, is the best way to eat chicken.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe. Add it to your grilling menus this summer. Even better, I think it would be perfect to serve on the 4th of July! Enjoy!
You will need either bamboo or metal skewers for this recipe.
Total time reflects and inactive time of 2 hours.
5 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
2 hr, 17 Total Time
- 1 mango, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass paste
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry paste
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Serve with a cooling cucumber ranch dressing (found in the condiment section of your local grocery store).
- In the bowl of your food processor, combine the mango, onion, lemongrass paste, garlic and olive oil. Pulse until smooth. To the bowl, stir in the yellow curry paste, curry powder, chili powder, salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Add the chicken to a large ziplock bag, pour the marinade on top and seal. Massage the chicken with the marinade so that it's evenly coated and place it in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat your grill over medium-high heat. Taking 4 bamboo skewers (that have been soaked in water for 30 minutes) or 4 metal skewers, skewer the chicken pieces evenly onto each skewer.
- Add the skewers to the grill and cook for about 10-12 minutes, rotating frequently, or until the chicken has cooked through. Remove from heat and let stand for 2 minutes before serving.
- Serve the grilled mango curry chicken skewers in tacos, on top of salads, or all by themselves. Enjoy!