Paired with a Farmhouse Ale or Saison
I’ve been making A LOT of salads this summer. Like A LOT of salads. I think Zach is just about salad(ed) out. I’ve tried to keep it fun and interesting however. Except on cooler days and evenings, I’ve tried to keep the times I need to turn my oven and stovetop on to a minimum. As a result, we have been eating a lot of salads.
I am not upset about this. There are so many ways to make salads a main course entree, and this summer chicken taco salad with jalapeno ranch is just one of them. I’m not a huge fan of your typical taco salad, and while tacos are one of my favorite foods on the planet, I’m not a huge fan of your traditional Americanized taco. You know the kind of taco I’m talking about. The kind with the preformed taco shell and the seasoned ground beef. This really isn’t my cup of tea.
So this chicken taco salad is sooooo untraditional, but it’s so delicious you would never even know it. I tried to keep it on the healthy side and topped it with some of my favorite summer ingredients. The best part of these taco salads are the tortilla chips. You always need some crunch on your taco salad, and Food Should Taste Good multi-grain tortilla chips are perfect for the job!
I hope you guys enjoy this summer chicken taco salad with jalapeno ranch dressing! Make it before the summer comes to an end! Pair it with a refreshing summer brew like a farmhouse ale or saison. Have a wonderful day everyone! xo
20 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds and stem removed, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- salt and black pepper
- 8 cups fresh greens of choice (I used a mixture of baby spinach and romaine)
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breast, fully-cooked and sliced
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained, rinsed and warmed through slightly
- 2 cups frozen corn, warmed through slightly (corn off the cob may be used if in season)
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1 bag Food Should Taste Good multi-grain tortilla chips
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the jalapeno ranch. Whisk to combine fully, cover and refrigerate until you are ready to use.
- Assemble your salads by dividing the greens among four separate bowls. Top with chicken breast, black beans and corn. Drizzle with jalapeno ranch and sprinkle with fresh cilantro and crumbled cotija cheese.
- Serve alongside Food Should Taste Good multi-grain tortilla chips and enjoy immediately!