No Beer Pairing Today
Are these weeks flying by or what? I can not get over how quickly August flew. I mean it’s almost over! Can you believe it? While September is my favorite month (and no, it’s not just because my birthday happens to fall in September), I am not quite ready for summer to end! I have to say though, I am starting to crave pumpkin and fall-flavored dishes.
Shhhh. Don’t tell anyone though. I’m trying to lay low on the pumpkin until September rolls around. :)
So with summer quickly coming to an end, I find that slow cooker meals are becoming more and more consistent in our little apartment. This is partly because I still refuse to crank up that oven. It gets hot in this little hole in the wall!
Stews are a nice way to ease into autumn, especially this recipe for slow cooker Thai beef stew. I’m kind of picky when it comes to my stews. I don’t post recipes for them very often if you haven’t noticed, and this is mostly because there are a token 3 of them that I’ll even eat.
A lot of times I think they lack some flavor. You have to season the heck out of stew, and more often than not, stews are seriously underseasoned.
This is definitely not the case for this slow cooker Thai beef stew. This stew has sooooo much flavor you guys, and it’s such a hearty meal that you don’t have to feel guilty about! It’s flavored with all kinds of Thai-inspired flavors: tomato products, red curry paste and bamboo shoots are just a few of them. The Almond Breeze Almondmilk Coconutmilk Vanilla Unsweetened is what sets this recipe apart though. Coconut milk is most often found in Thai stews and soups, so I thought I’d jazz it up and throw in an almondmilk/coconutmilk combo! The result was spectacular! I don’t think I’ll make Thai-inspired soups and stews any other way from now on!
Recipe for this slow cooker Thai beef stew is below! Serve it on top of brown rice or a gluten-free option of your choice (cauliflower couscous or rice is great for the job!). Enjoy the rest of your weekends friends! xo
10 minPrep Time
8 hrCook Time
8 hr, 10 Total Time
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 1/2 pound boneless beef roast, cubed and trimmed of fat (prepackaged beef stew meat may be substituted)
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger paste
- 1 cup bamboo shoots
- 2 cups Almond Breeze Almondmilk Coconutmilk Vanilla Unsweetened
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 ounces tomato paste
- 4 ounces Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups julienned carrots
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- brown rice, for serving (optional)
- In a large nonstick skillet, add the coconut oil. Melt over medium-high heat. Add the beef and brown evenly, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat with a slotted spoon and transfer to the bowl of your slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, left over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, about 6 minutes. Stir in the garlic and fresh ginger. Cook for an additional minute. Transfer the mixture to the slow cooker with the beef.
- Stir in the Almond Breeze Almondmilk Coconutmilk Vanilla Unsweetened, bamboo shoots, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, curry paste, fish sauce, tamari and salt. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- When you have about 30 minutes left, stir in the broccoli and carrots.
- When finished, served the Thai beef stew over brown rice or a gluten-free option of your choice. Garnish with fresh cilantro and enjoy!