No Beer Pairing Today
Happy Monday, friends! I guess that’s kind of an oxymoron though, isn’t it? “Happy” and “Monday” usually don’t coincide with one another. This is ok though. We only have 4 more days to the weekend, right?!
I know I totally asked you guys this yesterday, but how was your weekend?! Much of my weekend was spent cooking and photographing in an event with a friend who had to work so we were the Event bartenders, it was fun and the people were great. For the next weeks I just spent writting a lot.Since we are in temporary living quarters and we will moving once again (this time permanently) in a month, I’ve made it my personal goal to get as far ahead with Cooking and Beer related things as I possibly can. I’m doing it because I love you guys. You know that, right?
Although I have been going a little crazy in the kitchen, Zach and I were still able to take some time out of our Sunday to enjoy the outdoors. Zach and I love picnics. We love everything about grilling outside, eating outside and just enjoying each other’s company…outside. This is why I jumped at the chance to partner with IZZE Sparkling Water for a campaign to share my favorite tips, tricks and must-haves for the perfect picnic-for-two.
Let’s talk about the star of the show first: IZZE’s Sparkling Water. I don’t know how many of you guys know this, but Zach and I are obsessed with IZZE products, and it’s not just because we lived in the Boulder, CO area for a long time. They truly make the best beverages, and their newest line of sparkling waters are just perfect. I had the chance to try the 3 brand new flavors of Mandarin Lime, Blackberry Pear, and Raspberry Watermelon. Each and every one was so crisp, refreshing and perfect for a warm day, but the Raspberry Watermelon really stood out to me. Let’s just say the 4-pack did not last very long!
What I love most about IZZE is the ingredients they put in their sparkling water. They keep it simple, yet delicious. It is USDA Organic Certified – made with organic natural flavors and organic cane sugar. A low-calorie drink, IZZE Sparkling Water has just 10 calories per 12-oz serving and a hint of organic pure cane sugar. It truly is the perfect picnic accompaniment.
My idea of the perfect picnic-for-two is to keep it as simple as humanely possible. I don’t want to have to “work” to enjoy a picnic outdoors with the one I love. When you go to pack your picnic, keep these necessary items in mind:
1. BEVERAGES: This is where IZZE Sparkling Water comes into play. You don’t have to go crazy making lemonades and teas. You can pick up IZZE at your local market, and have the perfect beverage to accompany the rest of your goodies.
2. BREAD: I always bring a loaf of artisan bread from a local bakery. I like something hearty, because there is always some kind of creamy cheese I’ve brought to spread on. :)
3. HIGH-QUALITY CHEESES: I usually have a log of goat’s cheese or my Herbed Goat Cheese Spread (recipe below) on hand for a picnic date. It is perfect for spreading and so easy to transport. Triple cream brie cheeses are also another great option!
4. NUTS AND OLIVES: Nuts and olives are always a must-have for any picnic I pack. They are also extremely easy to transport and compliment the bread and cheese well!
5. SOMETHING SWEET: I feel like this should just go without saying. You always have to have something on the sweet side. If I don’t have a batch of cookies or brownies lying around, I’ll stop by the market or bakery and pick up my favorite baked good for the occasion.
6. DON’T FORGET: A blanket, bread knife, utensils if needed, napkins, small cutting board and a bag to carry your trash out. No one likes a litter bug!
I hope you guys are enjoying what’s left of your summers. Add a picnic-for-two into your date night jars, and don’t forget to pack the IZZE Sparkling Water! Recipe for my favorite herbed goat cheese spread is below. Have a wonderful day! xo
Yields 8 ounces
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 8 ounce log high-quality goat's cheese, room temperature
- 2-3 tablespoons goat milk yogurt, plain
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup mixture of chopped fresh oregano, thyme, parsley, basil, tarragon and marjoram
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, mix together all of the ingredients.
- Season the mixture to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Enjoy on crostini, crackers or tortilla chips.