It has been quite the stressful week already. Do you ever have one of those days where nothing seems to go as planned? Well this was my yesterday…from start to finish. I went to bed at 7pm as a result. I know, I know. Those recorded Grammy Performances weren’t going to watch themselves. I try to follow a strict schedule each week when it comes to blogging, cooking, and photographing. Yesterday was a mess. Nothing was working out as it should, and the lighting was horrible. As a result, I have shut myself out of the kitchen for today and will resume duties tomorrow. I don’t care if my planner tells me it’s not allowed! I just don’t care! Anyway…Fortunately for you, one good thing came out of yesterday’s catastrophe(s), and that was this easy grilled chicken caprese recipe. I needed “easy,” especially after a day like yesterday. This recipe is quick, which makes it one of my favorites. It’s full of fresh flavors and perfect for a weeknight main course. Oh, and it’s affordable! If I may say so myself, these are total wins. If you are looking for a light and refreshing weeknight meal, this recipe is perfect for you.
Beer: Knee Deep Brewing Co. Citra Extra Pale Ale
Brewed By: Knee Deep Brewing Company
Style: American Pale Ale
Description: I’m just going to come right out and say it. This is truly one of the best Pale Ales I’ve ever had. We haven’t had much from Knee Deep, but that is all about to change after being introduced to this beer. It’s like all of your citrusy fruits in your fruit bowl got together and decided to throw a party in your mouth. It is so aromatic and full of fresh flavors. It’s also single-hopped, and you can totally taste it. I love it for light dishes because of it’s refreshing qualities. If you haven’t tried it yet, please do. You will not be disappointed.
This grilled chicken caprese recipe is easy, fresh and delicious!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (trimmed of fat)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 large basil leaves, stems trimmed
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Preheat your grill or grill pan over medium heat.
- Season your chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Grill your chicken breasts for 9-10 minutes on each side, or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F.
- While your chicken breasts are grilling, prepare your balsamic reduction. In a small saucepan, pour the balsamic vinegar. Bring it to a boil, then lower to a simmer. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the vinegar has reduced by half. Whisk in the 1 tablespoon of butter. Set aside.
- Once your chicken breasts have grilled, remove from heat and let rest for 2-3 minutes. Top each breast, with a basil leaf, tomato slices and mozzarella. Top with chopped basil and drizzle with balsamic reduction.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Hardware: * Measuring Cups * Measuring Spoons * Sharp Knife * Cutting Board * Grill or Grill Pan * Meat Thermometer * Small Saucepan * Whisk *