Paired with an IPA
I have been all about the grilled recipes lately. I’m not sure if it’s because the weather has been so lovely, or I feel like I need to soak it all in before the fall weather starts to roll in (we tend to have short summers around here). There is just something about slightly charred vegetables, super juicy burgers, and foil-packed cheesy potatoes that makes me so happy. It’s also the perfect time of year to really highlight those fresh veggies, and there is nothing I love more than a grilled veggie. So this recipe is definitely NOT veggie loaded. It’s actually anything but that, but this is OK. You need a great burger to celebrate this time of year do you not? These pimento cheeseburgers are one-of-a-kind you guys. Pimento cheese is obviously the star, but the burgers are thin and crispy (very unlike your normal burger recipe). Sometimes I really just want a thin burger, and these burgers really do hit the spot.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as we do! Enjoy!
Beer Normally I like to save my IPA pairings for spicier recipes, but unbenounced to most people, IPAs pair well with other types of food as well. Cheese is definitely part of this. There are some great IPA and cheese pairings out there, and pimento cheese just happens to be one of them. Pimento cheese is super savory. There is no doubt about that. You get a little bit of brininess from the pimentos and there is just so much cheese that a beer that is high in hop character really tones down the extreme savoriness. It is the perfect match.
Thin and Stacked Pimento Cheeseburgers
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 cup pimento cheese (recipe here)
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (80/20)
- 1 egg
- salt and black pepper
- 6 slices cheese of choice
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 6 burger buns (I used potato)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- Prepare your pimento cheese and refrigerate. Find the recipe here.
- Preheat your grill or grill pan. Combine the ground beef, egg, and salt and black pepper in a large bowl. Mix together with clean hands and then form into thin patties (about 2 1/2 - 3 inches in diameter).
- Grill your burgers to your liking, topping them with sliced cheese in the final minutes of grilling so that it melts. Remove from heat. At this time, you may also grill your burger buns by placing them directly on the grill with the inside face down. Grill until they are slightly charred.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ketchup, mayo and mustard. Spread a thin layer of the sauce on your burger buns. Top with a burger (or two), pimento cheese, and shredded lettuce.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!