Paired with a Pale Ale
Good morning, everyone. I have another repost for you today, and it comes in the form of Thai chopped chicken salad quinoa bowls! Yes, I have yet another bowl recipe for you today. This recipe is definitely one of my favorites I’ve ever shared, and it’s not just because all of the ingredients are assembled so beautifully in bowl fashion. I love this Thai chopped chicken salad quinoa bowls because it is so full of flavor a texture.
Let’s start with the texture. I think that’s what really sets this bowl recipe apart from the others. It has soooooo much texture. From the creamy avocado to the tender chicken and the crispy veggies to the fluffy quinoa, these Thai chopped chicken salad quinoa bowls go above and beyond in the texture department.
Next, comes the flavor. I have always been drawn to Thai flavor, especially when it comes to peanut dressings. That’s the next thing I love about this recipe: the dressing. It is such a simple, yet unique recipe and really adds some dimension to a very simply made bowl.
What I also love about this recipe is how perfect it is anytime of year and how quickly you can change it up when you swap out the veggies. Use whatever is in season at the time. Bell peppers you can find all year round, which is why I used it in this recipe, but zucchini and other squash are two ingredients I love to add when in season.
I hope you guys fall in love with this recipe just as much as I did. Pair it with a pale ale and enjoy!
5 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 7 ounces unsweetened coconut milk (half a can)
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon Thai chili paste
- ½ cup all-natural creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked per manufacturer's instructions
- 2 fully-cooked boneless and skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- ½ green bell pepper, seeded and stemmed, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and stemmed, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 4 cups loose baby spinach
- 1 large avocado, pitted and peeled, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- To a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, add all of the ingredients for Thai peanut sauce and heat over medium heat.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer, whisking constantly, and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool the Thai peanut sauce to room temperature. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for about 1 week.
- Assemble your quinoa bowls, by layering, shredded chicken breast, green and red bell peppers, shredded carrots, sliced avocado and baby spinach on a bed of fully-cooked quinoa.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and drizzle with Thai peanut sauce.
Cook time reflects time to cook chicken and quinoa.