Paired with a Fruit Ale or Lambic
Happy Wednesday, everyone! How many of you have started to break out the old slow cookers? Mine actually never went away. I use that baby all summer long and I’m not ashamed to announce it to the world. What is so great about recipes such as this junipered orange slow cooker chicken is that it requires almost no work at all. Pop the ingredients into your slow cooker and let it go. It’s as simple as that!
I have been super excited to post this recipe. The first time I had Modern Gingham Preserves was like the best day of my life. It’s like the heavens opened up, the birds started singing and there was not a cloud to be found. This jam you guys is one that you have to try. Kathy keeps it simple, uses locally sourced ingredients and let’s the fruit do the talking: basically everything you could want in a homemade jam.
This recipe is all about the jam. It adds so much flavor to this chicken, that you’ll wonder why you didn’t slow cook with jam before!
What’s even better about today’s post is that I’m giving away a few jars of Modern Gingham Preserves to you to try for yourself! Enter below!
You can also buy Modern Gingham Preserves over on Kathy’s website! Head over and check it out! She also has a Marmalade Trilogy (made from Cara Cara oranges, mandarins and tangerines) that would be PERFECT for this recipe as a substitution for the Junipered Orange Jam! I hope you guys love this recipe! Pair it with an ale heavy on the fruity notes, or stick with a lambic. It’s like a match made in heaven. Have a wonderful day, friends! xo
5 minPrep Time
8 hrCook Time
8 hr, 5 Total Time
- 1 8-ounce jar Modern Gingham Junipered Orange Jam or Marmalade Trilogy
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- For Tacos: corn tortillas, fresh cilantro, sliced green onions.
- To a slow cooker, add the jam, water and soy sauce. Whisk to combine and add the chicken. Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or on high heat for 2-4 hours or until the chicken starts to fall apart. Give it a good stir and keep warm until you are ready to serve.
- Best served on warm corn tortillas with fresh cilantro and sliced green onions.